Supporting the local community is something that LTS Couriers pride themselves in doing.
LTS Couriers sponsor three midlands football clubs; Syston Town Hawks under 10’s, Birstall United under 17’s and Danny Purves Football School under 7's and under 8's. This is important to them, as they believe sport is essential in young people’s lives, it not only keeps them physically fit and healthy but it also keeps their minds active and allows them a safe and secure place for the young people to meet up with their friends, which is why we will continue to support these clubs.
LTS Couriers have sponsored Birstall United under 17’s, for over a decade and are proud to announce that they won the league for the season 2016-2017; total credit to each and every individual player, as they all gave it 110% throughout the season, resulting in them only losing one game.
5k Pretty Muddy Run - 20/05/18
On the 20th of May this year one of our members of staff, is wiping off her make up and shoving her hair in bunches ready to get down and dirty to raise money for Cancer Research, by partaking in the Cancer Research 5k Pretty Muddy Run, in Loughborough.
- Where does the money go?
- £5 kits out one of the cancer research labs with essential chemicals – allowing them to carry out day-to-day experiments, helping to beat cancer sooner.
- £50 buys a scientific sieve to separate out big bits and small bits of DNA to reveal vital clues about how to beat cancer sooner.
- £100 covers the cost of giving one patient the Cytosponge test and analysing their results in the lab to diagnose early stages of oesophageal cancer.
- £270 covers the cost of a trial for a day to find the best treatment for children with a rare type of leukaemia, whose cancer has come back after treatment.
- £400 is the cost of running Cancer Chat for one day helping thousands of people through very difficult times.
If you wish to sponsor Georgia in her mission to help beat cancer sooner, then please donate via her ‘Just Giving’ page which has been shared on the LTS Couriers Facebook page.
UPDATE : Georgia completed the course in under 30 minutes and is thrilled to announce that she has raised over £600 for Cancer Research !! She thanks everyone who sponsored her.
Operation Christmas Child
At LTS Couriers people matter. The staff at LTS Couriers like to get involved where they believe they can make a difference.
LTS Couriers have a Christmas tradition of supporting Samaritan’s Purse - each year at LTS Couriers, they set themselves the mission to better Christmas for those in need. LTS Couriers staff took part in an charity called 'Operation Christmas Child', run by a charity called 'Samaritans Purse'. For this they collected a number of empty shoe boxes and filled them with fun toys, educational equipment and hygiene products; these boxes were then shipped over to third world countries and distributed to a number of children, with the aim to put a smile on each of their faces for Christmas.
No child should go without this Christmas - Please Get Involved.
'Operation Christmas Child' is a mission that LTS Couriers will always be apart of and support. LTS Couriers encourage others to join in and donate too.